I finally stopped everything and finished doing the layout of the Prairie Garden Quilt. If you haven’t checked out my page for it here is a brief recap of what its all about. I did not make the prairie girls, my husband’s late grandmother did. They was one of the last projects she was working on. The girls are not perfect, many of them are slightly different sizes and the stitching on some are a little rough, but that adds character, however it has made it very hard to trim them all up to the same size, somewhat. Originally I was just going to make a floral block quilt with nothing but flower prints, but I ended up combining the two quilts together. I think they are smashing. I still have to buy the brown fabric I plan on using to boarder the girls in. However I can certainly start sewing those tiny little two inch blocks and get those knocked out of the way. I still don’t know for sure what the backing will be and how I will finish it. I have yet to really practice on machine quilting and for me getting it done through someone else is financially out of the question. To me they charge a fortune around here.